Adverse effects of the destruction of MMRNP
The destruction of the forest and other resources in Mt. Malindang
Range Natural Park may cause great losses or calamities such as:
1. Loss of important flora and fauna species.
2. Shortage of drinking or potable water.
3. Shortage of food or agricultural products.
4. Increase incidence of drought and impact of global warming.
5. Increased impact of air pollution.
6. Denudation of upland areas due to accelerated soil erosion.
7. Destructive flash floods resulting from landslides.
8. Siltation of rivers, coastal zones and fish/marine sanctuaries.
9. Sedimentation of lowlands and irrigated rice fields.
10. Destruction of roads, bridges and other structures.
11. Loss of lives and properties.
12. Imbalanced ecosystem.